This time of year we like to take a moment to reflect on the year so far, and this year we have plenty to look back and be thankful for. We opened a new store in Boston and relocated our shop in Southampton, traveled all over the world and brought the styles straight to you, and learned so much about how to create a beautiful home. We’ve gathered up some of our favorite moments to share with you below.
1. We opened a shop in Boston: The biggest thing we did this year was open our new store in Boston! The shop is located in what was once a Boston Wharf Co. warehouse. The beautiful brick-and-beam aesthetic serves as the ultimate backdrop for our decor, art, exclusive furniture, tabletop, and bedding.
2. We got an inside look at Teil Duncan’s process: We are so lucky to be able to partner with wonderful artists like Teil Duncan. We spoke with her earlier this year to learn more about her process and how she gets inspired.
3. We learned how to design a colorful kitchen: We’ll be honest: Sometimes white kitchens bore us a bit. We talked to our friends at Plain English Cupboardmakers to discuss .
4. We traveled to Paris: We were quite the jet-setters this year! We partnered with some of our chicest friends all over the world to bring the sights and style of our favorite cities right to you. One of our first stops was the City of Light.
5. We learned everything we needed to know about painting the interior of a house: Have no fear, the paint guide is here! We had a lot of questions about how to paint the inside of our home, so we turned to paint experts and designers to get the inside scoop.
6. We learned how to decorate with our pets in mind: We love our pets, but we have to admit they can be hard on our decor. We pulled together a guide with our best tips on decorating with Fido in mind. (Hint: Performance fabric is your friend!)
7. We visited Marrakech: Our travels continued with a stopover in Marrakech thanks to our friend Stacie Flinner. She showed us how to shop in the souk, dine like a Moroccan, and relax in a hammam. We learned how to decorate in Moroccan fashion too.
8. We worked with Minnie Driver: We were beyond thrilled to work with one of our favorite actresses, Minnie Driver, on a collection of furniture and pillows that really captured her essence. Inspired by her mother, an interior designer, Minnie Driver English for One Kings Lane is a beautiful exploration into the playful English aesthetic.
9. We learned how to properly set a table: Just in time for the holidays, we asked some close friends how they set their tables, then gathered all their best tips to share with you.
10. We learned how to work with an interior designer: Hiring an interior designer can be intimidating to some people. We took a moment to explore exactly how to hire one and spoke with pro designers, including the director of One Kings Lane Interior Design, to get their advice.
Join the Discussion